Registration for 2017/18 Season
Learn to Skate: Wednesdays - 4:00 - 4:40 pm.
CanSkate: Wednesdays 4:00 - 5:00 pm.
CanSkate Plus: Tuesdays (private lessons) 5:00 - 6:00 pm. Wednesdays: 4:00 - 5:00 pm.
StarSkate1: Tuesdays and Wednesdays 5:00 - 6:30 pm. (includes 1 group lesson & stroking/session)
StarSkate 2: Tuesdays and Wednesdays 5:00 - 7:00 pm. (includes stroking session)
Please download and print the Registration Form HERE
Handbook and Code of Conduct
All families are required to make a $100.00 volunteer deposit, due December 31st. This will be returned at the end of the season if your family has given a minimum of 15 hours of volunteer time to the club. This could include time in the music room, or the booth at one of the hockey tournaments we provide food to.
If buses are cancelled in the morning because of inclement weather, than skating will be cancelled as well. If we need to cancel through the day we will attempt to call. We will call the home phone number and leave a message so please check your home messages.
Code of Conduct
As a skater I will:
• respect my fellow skaters.
• remember to work hard to improve, do my best and have fun.
• remember that coaches are there to help me. I will listen, accept their decisions and show respect.
• represent the HFSC at any function or competition in a responsible and acceptable manner.
As a parent/guardian I will:
• respect and show appreciation to the coaches and volunteers that give their time to my child.
•represent the HFSC at any function or competition in a responsible and acceptable manner.
• co-operate with the rules and code of conduct, helping our club to run smoothly and contributing to the success of all skaters.
The Havelock Figure Skating Club is a Skate Canada sanctioned club. The club is run by an executive comprised of skater parents/guardians and coaching staff. Parents are encouraged to speak to any executive member about their questions or concerns.
Rules While on the Ice
• All skaters are required to wear gloves or mittens and new skaters should wear helmets.
• Absolutely NO food, drink, gum or electronics are allowed on the ice. Drinks may be left behind the boards.
• There is no entry for anyone other than skaters or executive members past the doors leading to the ice surface. Parents should enjoy the warm room or watch from the bleachers. If your child should need you while on the ice, a coach will bring him or her off the ice.
Junior and Senior Skaters
• Are expected to be on the ice at all times. Skaters not on the ice at the time of their schedules lesson will miss that week’s lesson.
• Must wear a skirt or stretchy pants. NO JEANS.
• Need to take off any hanging jewellery. This is a safety issue.
• Must have their hair pulled up.
• Need to be aware of other skaters at all times. Please give “right of way” to those having lessons or whose music is playing.
• May not request music. Coaches will ask for music as needed and music will be rotated during other times.
• All of our coaches are certified. Our coaches are often helped by our program assistants. These are senior skaters that have completed an orientation with our coaches. Please remember that these are children and if you have concerns these should be discussed with the coach.
• If you wish to discuss something with the coaching staff, please wait until they are off the ice to do so. They are needed on the ice during lesson time but would be happy to discuss any concerns with you at the end of the classes.
• No skater is allowed on the ice until a signed registration form has been handed in and a $35.70 deposit has been made to cover the cost of insurance.
• All fees are due by December 31st. Post dated cheques will be accepted but arrangements for this must be made with the treasurer.
• The club is not responsible for fees for private lessons, competitions or tests.
Competitions and Tests
• Skaters are not eligible for competitions or tests if there is an outstanding balance with the club or any of the coaches.
• Parents are responsible for having all fees and registration forms in by the due date. Late registrations can not be accepted.
• Most competitions require a copy of the skater’s birth certificate and a separate cheque for each event the skater will be participating in.
You may download and print a copy of the Handbook HERE
Club photosPhoto Gallery HERE
Join us on Facebook for the latest information and events about our club.